Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions please take a look through the FAQ’s below. If you don’t find an answer to your question then please get in touch.
How Do You Prepare the Furniture?
Painting is actually one of the final stages of refinishing furniture. There is a lot of work that goes into each piece prior to painting.
- Initial cleaning – with a degreaser / disinfecting solution to remove years of grime that may not necessarily be visible. This includes the interior and all handles and hardware.
- Repairs, if any are necessary.
- Sanding to provide a keyed surface for the paint to adhere to.
- Cleaning again – with Fusion TSP to remove sanding residue and any other surface contaminants.
- Priming / Undercoating – depending on the type of wood being painted and the final finish that will be going on.
- Painting – at least 2 sometimes 3 coats of paint in the final colour.
- Top Coat – with a durable water based polyacrilic varnish – to give added protection. 2-3 coats.
- Interior wood replenished with either orange oil, or hemp oil.
What Paint and Products Do You Use?
Paint – I mainly use high quality water based acrylic furniture paint from Fusion Mineral Paint, which is very low VOC and child safe. I do sometimes use other brands of furniture paint, and always provide details in the product listing.
Top Coat – I mostly use water based Polyvine Wax Finish varnish in either Matt or Satin finish. I occasionally use other products and always provide details in the product listing.
If you have any questions about the products please ask.
Collection & Delivery Information
Prices do not include delivery.
You can collect your item from me in Hope, Flintshire, North Wales (LL12) – by appointment.
I offer nationwide delivery to mainland UK for a flat rate of £50. This is via a suitable furniture courier, and may take 1-2 weeks depending on availability. This for a one man delivery service to ground floor only, and help will be required at your end with unloading. If you require a 2 man delivery service please enquire prior to purchase, as this will incur an additional cost.
Can I View Your Items?
Items of furniture are available to view, by prior appointment. Please get in touch to arrange a viewing using the details on the Contact page.
I am located in Hope, Flintshire, North Wales (LL12).
After Care Information
I want you to enjoy your new furniture for many years to come, so provide the following care guidance:
- Your refinished painted furniture is a decorative item and should be treated with care.
- It is advised to locate your item away from radiators and out of direct strong sunlight, as this may cause the paint to crack or fade.
- The paint and / or top coat/varnish used are water resistant, not waterproof – clean up any spills quickly with a clean cloth.
- Cleaning – remove dust with a dry soft cloth. Wipe with a damp cloth if needed. Do not use strong cleaning products, alcohol based products or silicone furniture polish – these may cause damage to the paint work.
- It is recommended that you use mats / coasters and avoid spilling liquids.